When I talk to buyers many are confused by the process and Which way to turn
So…Let’s look at a few of the very basic steps to buying a property:
- Find an agent- one who likes working with buyers
- Find a lender
- Need help? – I have a great associate in Troy Barnum, with Bay Equity Homes at bayequityhomeloans.com/troy-barnum
- Get pre-qualified. – Troy will walk you through this process
- Establish what you can afford AND what you want to afford
- Once you know what you want and can afford – the fun begins!
- Remember Do Not Make ANY Large Purchases before buying a home – no car purchase, no expensive trips, keep your credit card purchases at a minimum all this in order to have the best debt ratio possible.
- Next you decide on the Home specifics
- Type of home – Condo, Townhouse, Single Family Residence?
- Style – Traditional, Modern, Bungalow, Spanish or?
- Size – Sq Feet, Number of Beds & Baths
- Location – Schools, restaurants, distance to work or to the beach!
- Drive neighborhoods to get a feel of what they are like
- Once you’ve narrowed your search and are ready
- Make an offer
- Its accepted or if rejected you counter offer
- Once the seller and buyer agree to terms of the initial offer escrow opens- you’re on your way!